Nan's Art Adventures

Join me while I explore watercolor and sketching! I'm new to this, having never thought of myself as "artistic"! (I'm having a blast, as I learn!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: La Crescenta, Ca

30 years in dentistry lead to early retirement, to be my husband's caregiver. He passed away February 10th, 2008. I am thankful I found art then, as it continues to help me now.

July 23, 2006

Dahlias in the Heat!

Nothing like a one-hundred plus degree day to get the creative juices flowing! I met up with some SoCal EDM "crawl" members at the Getty Center yesterday. (Karen, Robin and Wendee!) We started out in the garden, but quickly became overheated! Later we strolled through some air-conditioned galleries. I took a tour with Karen and her husband learning about the paintings of Rubens (and his collaborators)! I watercolored my sketch today, and thinking about the heat, (which is still ever present), certainly influenced my color choices! That warm background will always remind me about the record breaking day of heat in LA! This was the christening of my first watercolor Moleskine. I like the way it opens long-ways, rather than book-style. I'm off to Santa Barbara soon and hoping I'll be able to add to this journal there.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Another very nice one as well as a warm weather reminder. Santa Barbara will have to be cooler than La Crescenta. Have a wonderful time and bring us back some paintings.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Wonderful warm use of color! This is really fun!

2:37 PM  
Blogger belindadelpesco.com said...

Nicely done, Nancy! I love the purple/yellow vibration... you can almost feel the heat of the day!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

You have done some lovely pieces - I agree, it's better to be done with a piece and move on - produce more and learn rather than worry something to death.

4:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful water colour, Nancy. I really love your use of colour. So rich and vibrant...

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home