Nan's Art Adventures

Join me while I explore watercolor and sketching! I'm new to this, having never thought of myself as "artistic"! (I'm having a blast, as I learn!)

My Photo
Location: La Crescenta, Ca

30 years in dentistry lead to early retirement, to be my husband's caregiver. He passed away February 10th, 2008. I am thankful I found art then, as it continues to help me now.

June 16, 2006

Day Lily

This day lily certainly brightens my day! I love the color, and the contrast. Too bad it blooms for only one day, but the plant is filled with buds and some days I have several flowers to admire. Now my challenge is to paint this lily, and try to capture its depth and vivid intensity.


Blogger Jane said...

Oh so pretty! Don't put off painting it for too long or you'll miss your chance! (said she, who hasn't picked up a paintbrush in months :o)

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home