Nan's Art Adventures

Join me while I explore watercolor and sketching! I'm new to this, having never thought of myself as "artistic"! (I'm having a blast, as I learn!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: La Crescenta, Ca

30 years in dentistry lead to early retirement, to be my husband's caregiver. He passed away February 10th, 2008. I am thankful I found art then, as it continues to help me now.

June 16, 2006

Day Lily


This day lily certainly brightens my day! I love the color, and the contrast. Too bad it blooms for only one day, but the plant is filled with buds and some days I have several flowers to admire. Now my challenge is to paint this lily, and try to capture its depth and vivid intensity.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Oh so pretty! Don't put off painting it for too long or you'll miss your chance! (said she, who hasn't picked up a paintbrush in months :o)

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home