Nan's Art Adventures

Join me while I explore watercolor and sketching! I'm new to this, having never thought of myself as "artistic"! (I'm having a blast, as I learn!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: La Crescenta, Ca

30 years in dentistry lead to early retirement, to be my husband's caregiver. He passed away February 10th, 2008. I am thankful I found art then, as it continues to help me now.

June 29, 2006

Class Menagerie

I've been working on this painting for months! It began in a class lesson on painting glass with watercolor. During the lesson about negative painting, I added the white daisies! Yesterday's class focused on painting the folds in cloth, hence the painting of my tea-towel to give the bottles something to sit on! I wish the scanned picture could reproduce the colors more true to life! I therefore have not posted the computer scan, but a digital photo instead. The result is more representative of my actual watercolor!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

This turned out really well......aren't you delighted with it? And I'm glad you explained the different aspects for my fullest appreciation. Tricky to show the towel through the glass, I would think, but you did it nicely and the daisies are simply superb. Well done! yet again....

10:15 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

You do flowers beautifully - well done.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

This is really well done! I understand about taking months -- I'm in a watercolor class, too, and am the slowest of the bunch. Oh well, good things to those who wait and all that!
:-)

4:57 PM  
Blogger Felicity Grace said...

This is wonderful! I'm no good with watercolour so I imagine this must have been very difficult.
Lovely photo of Maxine BTW! I do believe in miracles where cats are concerned!

1:55 AM  
Blogger Robyn Sinclair said...

I wish I could find a watercolour class! Having a lot of difficulty learning by myself but with lots of help from WetCanvas. I love your flowers and bottles - beautiful clarity and colour. Well done!

robynS

4:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are just learning so much, and your flowers are done with grace and beauty. I enjoyed the glass menagerie. I can see why you have worked on it for months. The achievment was magnificent.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home