Nan's Art Adventures

Join me while I explore watercolor and sketching! I'm new to this, having never thought of myself as "artistic"! (I'm having a blast, as I learn!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: La Crescenta, Ca

30 years in dentistry lead to early retirement, to be my husband's caregiver. He passed away February 10th, 2008. I am thankful I found art then, as it continues to help me now.

May 15, 2006

Hibiscus

In watercolor class we all painted small pictures. This one is a 5x7. It is a hibiscus flower, not the tropical kind, but the tall, branching type. I've usually seen them with blue flowers, but this one was a delicate pink, to white. It felt good to actually FINISH a painting, as lately I have started scads of them, and never have the time to get back to them! All I want to do is paint, actually, but time just does not allow for it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Very pretty, Nancy. As you know, I love the small sized paintings. Are you going to frame this lovely little hibiscus?

2:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Friend 'o' mine -- what a nice web site w your enjoyable art. Lovely!

Lynne

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your art adventures are enjoyablel and lovely. The curling leaf makes me bring up memories of Minnesota in the fall. You are getting too professional!
Very nice!
Janie

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home