Nan's Art Adventures

Join me while I explore watercolor and sketching! I'm new to this, having never thought of myself as "artistic"! (I'm having a blast, as I learn!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: La Crescenta, Ca

30 years in dentistry lead to early retirement, to be my husband's caregiver. He passed away February 10th, 2008. I am thankful I found art then, as it continues to help me now.

August 31, 2006

LOTUS in Echo Park

I finished this watercolor yesterday of the lotus in Echo Park Lake, near Los Angeles. I never dreamed it would be so difficult for me to capture the way the leaves fold over! This painting is my second attempt. The first was done plein air in a sketch book. This one is much better. I view the first one as the study of the flower, as I got to know it, intimately! By the time I sat down with my "good paper" (Bockingford 140 lb, the most forgiving paper by the way), the results were "blog-worthy"!

3 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Lovely! And you DID capture the fold of the leaves! Congrats on a beautiful painting.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very lovely, Nan - nice work on the petals!

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

such a wonderful watercolor Nan!

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home