Nan's Art Adventures

Join me while I explore watercolor and sketching! I'm new to this, having never thought of myself as "artistic"! (I'm having a blast, as I learn!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: La Crescenta, Ca

30 years in dentistry lead to early retirement, to be my husband's caregiver. He passed away February 10th, 2008. I am thankful I found art then, as it continues to help me now.

September 18, 2006

Dad's Brush Set, Circa 1913

My Father-In-Law's baby brush and comb have managed to survive in excellent condition, for being almost one hundred years old! For the EDM Challenge #20, "Draw something DAD" I thought this would be an interesting subject. Dad went on to a career in law enforcement, so I considered adding his handcuffs to carry his story through, but vetoed that idea. I didn't want something hard and cold to be with something soft and nurturing.
I used 2B and 4B leads in clutch pencils for most of the drawing. I used my dirty chamios, for the shading. Then I used a bit of General's light blue watercolor pencil for a bit of color.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Another "Wow!" from me. You go, girl!

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job, Nancy!

Karen

10:18 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Hi Nan,
Lovely pic. You have inspired me to look at my Mum's jewellery and do something as a souvenier. Either drawing or just can directly into the computer.
Wendy

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home