Nan's Art Adventures

Join me while I explore watercolor and sketching! I'm new to this, having never thought of myself as "artistic"! (I'm having a blast, as I learn!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: La Crescenta, Ca

30 years in dentistry lead to early retirement, to be my husband's caregiver. He passed away February 10th, 2008. I am thankful I found art then, as it continues to help me now.

April 30, 2006


This watercolor painting was done without a brush! It was our class project to make a painting without using a brush. I did most of this painting with a chop stick. It was amazing to see what I could do without my dagger-stripper!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Hi, Nancy,
We'll see if this works. Over time, I've tried to sign up as a blogger so I can leave comments, but think I've usually backed off due to the complications. Your blog site is so beautifully designed to showcase your remarkable artwork. I don't think you have to limit the pictures to your paintings, but can include photos as well. That way you don't have to paint faster and faster although you're already turning out an amazing amount of beautiful, beautiful work. I'm excited for you! Hi to Michael.

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Nancy!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Desiree's Designs said...

Nancy, I am so excited to see your artwork posted. This is just lovely and imagine, no brush! I am also looking forward to seeing you again and Jenn really wants to do the zoo. You will love colored pencils, they are alot easier to control than watercolors. I look forward to watching your blog grow!!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Wendee said...

Without a brush? Ooo, this is great! Looking forward to more great work from you! :)

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is absolutely marvelous!
I love it as I do you, also.
I'm going to show this to Diana,
(Michael's friend ).
I wish toremain anonymous, so will just sign as "your muse".

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home